creating extension including dependencies

From: Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: creating extension including dependencies
Date: 2015-06-14 22:50:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I am getting tired installing manually required extensions manually. I
was wondering if we might want to add option to CREATE SEQUENCE that
would allow automatic creation of the extensions required by the
extension that is being installed by the user.

I also wrote some prototype patch that implements this.

I call it prototype mainly because the syntax (CREATE EXTENSION ...
RECURSIVE) could be improved, I originally wanted to do something like
INCLUDING DEPENDENCIES but that need news (unreserved) keyword and I
don't think it's worth it, plus it's wordy.

Attachment Content-Type Size
create-extension-recursive.patch text/x-patch 12.2 KB