Re: It's June 1; do you know where your release is?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: It's June 1; do you know where your release is?
Date: 2009-06-02 01:40:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On Mon, 2009-06-01 at 11:09 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> # adjust information_schema precision and scale fields?
>> -- save for 8.5

> I read this thread. It seems for the changes we can make we should just
> make them. The actual amount of change is actually very nominal.

I think the major argument against "just change it" is that we do not
wish to force an initdb now for beta testers, but if we don't there
is always going to be this niggling doubt about how an alleged "8.4"
installation will actually behave. Although I previously suggested
we could live with that, on reflection I don't think that the problem
is important enough to justify it. The information_schema has had
this issue since day one, and we hadn't gotten complaints before.
So pushing it to 8.5 seems the best decision to me.