Re: Auditing extension for PostgreSQL (Take 2)

From: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
To: Sawada Masahiko <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Abhijit Menon-Sen <ams(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Auditing extension for PostgreSQL (Take 2)
Date: 2015-05-12 01:07:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 5/1/15 5:58 AM, Sawada Masahiko wrote:
> For now, since pg_audit patch has a pg_audit_ddl_command_end()
> function which uses part of un-committed "deparsing utility commands"
> patch API,
> pg_audit patch is completely depend on that patch.
> If API name, interface are changed, it would affect for pg_audit patch.
> I'm not sure about progress of "deparsing utility command" patch but
> you have any idea if that patch is not committed into 9.5 until May
> 15?

The attached v12 patch removes the code that became redundant with
Alvaro committing the event trigger/deparse work. I've updated the
regression tests to reflect the changes, which were fairly minor and add
additional information to the output. There are no longer any #ifdef'd
code blocks.

--
- David Steele
david(at)pgmasters(dot)net