Re: LOCKing method in my situation?

From: Alexander Popkov <voodoo(at)wenet(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org, Paul & Natalie T <pntil(at)shentel(dot)net>
Subject: Re: LOCKing method in my situation?
Date: 2004-02-01 21:14:23
Lists: pgsql-php
Hello Paul,

PNT> Alexander:

PNT> It sounds like a lock preventing concurrent writes would be your best
PNT> bet.  This would mean that only one instance of your script can be
PNT> *changing* the table at one time, but it has no effect on transactions
PNT> that only read from that.

PNT> If I read the docs correctly:

PNT> You want to obtain a ROW EXCLUSIVE lock, e.g.,

Thanks! I am read this doc carefully. I am understand what i need:
i need _any_ lock method, which conflicts along, but not conflict with
ROW SHARE MODE (for working concurrent selects). I am choose
IN SHARE UPDATE EXCLUSIVE MODE and test it on 3 pgsql consoles - it
worked ;)

Big thanks!

Best regards,
 Alexander                            mailto:voodoo(at)wenet(dot)ru