Re: is sync rep stalled?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: is sync rep stalled?
Date: 2010-09-30 13:52:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers
David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org> writes:
> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 09:14:42AM +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
>> I don't see anything has stalled.

> I do.  We're half way through this commitfest, so if no one's actually
> ready to commit one of the patches, I kinda have to bounce them both,
> at least to the next CF.

[ raised eyebrow ]  You seem to be in an awfully big hurry to bounce
stuff.  The CF end is still two weeks away.

But while I'm thinking about that...

The actual facts on the ground are that practically no CF work has
gotten done yet (at least not in my house) due to the git move and the
9.0.0 release and the upcoming back-branch releases.  Maybe we shouldn't
have started the CF while all that was going on, but that's water over
the dam now.  What we can do is rethink the scheduled end date.  IMHO
we should push out the end date by at least a week to reflect the lack
of time spent on the CF so far.