Re: Survey: renaming/removing script binaries (createdb, createuser...)

From: Ben <bench(at)silentmedia(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)Sun(dot)COM>, Naz Gassiep <naz(at)mira(dot)net>, PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Survey: renaming/removing script binaries (createdb, createuser...)
Date: 2008-03-28 00:58:49
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mar 27, 2008, at 5:41 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)Sun(dot)COM> writes:
>> Naz Gassiep napsal(a):
>>> So I ask again, we're not seriously thinking about this are we?
>
>> Yes, we are.
>
> Make that "Zdenek is". The reason for this survey is that he's hoping
> to gather enough ammunition to overrule the opposition.

Oh, then there should have been some options in the survey along the
lines of "things are fine how they are." I replied to the survey
assuming changes were going to be made and now all we had to do was
figure out the best way to change..... but I'd rather people spent
effort on other things to begin with.