Re: pgAgent Steps Not Executed

From: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)justatheory(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAgent Steps Not Executed
Date: 2012-01-16 18:16:05
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Jan 16, 2012, at 9:05 AM, David E. Wheeler wrote:

> postgres=# select * from pgagent.pga_jobsteplog where jslid = 284;
> -[ RECORD 1 ]------------------------------
> jslid | 284
> jsljlgid | 211
> jsljstid | 1
> jslstatus | s
> jslresult | 0
> jslstart | 2012-01-13 01:06:05.286733+00
> jslduration | 06:01:33.881374
> jsloutput |

I did just discover that the schedule had an end date set. This happens to me sometimes: I open the schedule’s properties in pgAdmin3, and the current date and time is put in as an end time default value. If I don’t notice and delete it, it will be saved. It’s possible this happened to me while the first step was running, so that the second would never be called.

Realized this when *neither* step ran last night. That certainly feels like a bug to me: if I have the “End” field blank (NULL), it should remain blank unless I set it.

> In any event, I would expect both steps to appear in the Steps tab of the properties of the job itself. And they don’t. :-(

This is still an issue, though.

Thanks,

David