Re: Limiting records in pg_dump

From: "Arnold, Sandra" <ArnoldS(at)osti(dot)gov>
To: 'John R Pierce' <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org"<pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Limiting records in pg_dump
Date: 2009-07-31 18:31:46
Lists: pgsql-general
Thanks for that suggestion.   Since I have a schema on the database, I could create the view on my schema or even a table with the same name with just the records that I want to copy to the other database.   I had thought about the table but not necessary the view.

We are just in the process of looking at PostgreSQL as a solution to replace Oracle.  Those high Maintenance and Support cost have made it necessary to find a replacement for Oracle.