PGJDBC 8 transaction problem

From: "Rodrigo Willian Bonatto" <bonatto(at)diuno(dot)com(dot)br>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PGJDBC 8 transaction problem
Date: 2006-06-05 13:01:40
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

I have a problem using transactions with PGJDBC 8.0 or greater.

For example:

In the database I have the following record in the "employee" table:

name age

John 27

If I use the PGJDBC 7.4 to update and list the same record in a single
statement like this:

Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");

Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection(url, "postgres",
"postgres");

conn.setAutoCommit(false);

StringBuffer query = new StringBuffer();

query.append("BEGIN;");

query.append("update employee set age = 28 where age = 27;");

query.append("COMMIT;");

query.append("select name from employee where age = 28");

ResultSet rs = stmt.executeQuery(query.toString());

Here the resultset will return "John", but if I use PGJDBC driver
version 8 or greater, the statement return any result.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advanced!

Rodrigo