Re: Bad RAID1 read performance

From: Dimitri <dimitrik(dot)fr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Albert Cervera Areny" <albert(at)sedifa(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Luke Lonergan" <llonergan(at)greenplum(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Bad RAID1 read performance
Date: 2007-05-30 18:19:56
Lists: pgsql-performance

As there is no 'continuous space' option on ext3/ext2 (or probably "-f
fragment_size" may do a trick?) - I think after some filesystem
activity you simply loose continuous space allocation and rather
expected sequential reading may be transformed into random seeking of
'logically' sequentual blocks...

Rgds,
-Dimitri