large inserts

From: "Mark, Terry" <tmark(at)amgen(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: large inserts
Date: 1999-11-23 18:28:50
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,
I am trying to do inserts which might get somewhat large. Using Perl and
DBI, I get an error from PGQuery () saying that the query was too large. (I
am presuming this is Postgres' message).

Is it possible to do a large insert *without* using the COPY command ? (I am
having trouble seeing how the pipes would look from within my script and
would prefer not to have to grant super-user status).

thank you for any help,
terry