Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Win32 release warning

From: "Dann Corbit" <DCorbit(at)connx(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>,"Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>,"Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Rob Butler" <crodster2k(at)yahoo(dot)com>,"Dennis Bjorklund" <db(at)zigo(dot)dhs(dot)org>,"Richard Huxton" <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>,"Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>,"Neil Conway" <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>,"PostgreSQL Win32 port list" <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>,"PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Win32 release warning
Date: 2004-08-26 18:37:51
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-hackers-win32
If you are afraid of the quality of the windows port, then label it as a
BETA.

When everyone is fully satisfied that the kinks have been worked out,
call it a RELEASE.

It is a bad practice to use the world as a BETA test without their
knowledge.

Even as a BETA, it will be plenty popular.  In 6 months, after all the
little idiosyncrasies have perked up to the surface and been fixed, then
release it as a formal RELEASE with a big fanfare.

IMO-YMMV.

(http://www.hub.org)
Email: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ:
7615664

Previous:From: Luis RodriguesDate: 2004-08-26 18:34:16
Previous:From: Luis RodriguesDate: 2004-08-26 18:34:16