Re: Binary installer

From: "Steve Tibbett" <stibbett(at)zim(dot)biz>
To: "Jochem van Dieten" <jochemd(at)oli(dot)tudelft(dot)nl>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Binary installer
Date: 2004-01-23 14:53:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
>I am not particular font of the registry either, gets messy
>quickly when you want to run different instances and setting
>permissions in the registry is no fun either (IMHO).

Saying you're not fond of the registry on Win32 is like saying you're
not fond of /etc on Unix :)  Like it or not, the registry is where
Windows apps store their configuration.

Another way, to avoid the issue altogether, is infer the install
directory from the EXE name (ie, do a GetModuleFileName() to find the
full path to the currently executing code, strip off the filename and go
up a directory.. something like that).

 - Steve

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date