Re: Bug / shortcoming in has_*_privilege

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Jim Nasby <jim(at)nasby(dot)net>, PGSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bug / shortcoming in has_*_privilege
Date: 2010-08-11 14:55:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 8:51 AM, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
>> It clearly rates higher in importance than most of the things on the
>> open items list of late...

> First, I don't think that's true.  WALreceiver crashing on AIX, the
> backup procedure in the manual possibly being wrong, and the
> documentation failing to be installed sometimes all seem like they are
> clearly more serious issues than this.  I am sort of wondering why no
> one is working on those issues; apparently, nobody other than me minds
> if it takes another three months to get 9.0 out the door.

Quite.  At this point, the only things that should be on the open items
list are things that would be release stoppers, which is to say things
that are regressions from prior releases or design errors that we don't
want to ever get into a release.  This item is not a bug but a feature
omission, and one of rather long standing.

> Frankly, I
> think the ExplainOnePlan bit is more important, too, although I'm
> starting to think we should fix that for 9.1 rather than 9.0.

See above.  We are not changing that in 9.0 anymore.