Re: [BUGS] More SSL questions..

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>, "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, "T(dot)J(dot)" <tjtoocool(at)phreaker(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [BUGS] More SSL questions..
Date: 2005-01-07 22:35:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

"Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk> writes:
>> Perhaps there is another extension that is good for Win32 but i don't
>> think *.txt is it.

> .cfg is the one that springs instantly to mind.

> The problem is though, that .txt is associated with notepad by default.
> .cfg (and most others I can think of) aren't by default.

So .cfg wouldn't allow the file to be auto-opened? Hardly worth it
then. Seems like it's .txt or nothing.

If opening with notepad is an actively bad idea (for instance because it
will auto-wrap lines in the file) then I'd agree we don't want .txt.
But if notepad is a usable tool, I don't think that making it harder for
people to open the files is any improvement. If they don't understand
the format of the files then they will get themselves in trouble anyway.