Create Table Dialog: Change Column after creation/Reorder Columns

From: "Andreas Neumann" <a(dot)neumann(at)carto(dot)net>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Create Table Dialog: Change Column after creation/Reorder Columns
Date: 2009-10-15 08:54:36
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

I would have a feature request for the "Create Table" Dialogue for the
upcoming PGAdmin version:

After a column was created in the dialogues one can only remove it - one
cannot change it after the column was created (I am talking just about the
dialogue, before the actual table creation is happening with the SQL
command executed).

Suppose you created a lot of columns (30-50) and later you find out that
you did a typo in the column name (or a wrong data type) of the second
column, one cannot change it with the current dialogue - one can only
remove it - but then you loose the original order of the columns.

The second request is that one can reorder the columns after they had been
added in the dialogue. I think I made this request before and someone had
an interest in implementing this.

Thank you for considering these small improvements in the "Create Table"
dialogue for a future PGAdmin version!

Andreas

PS: I found out that with the stable PGAdmin4 (1.10) the data-type loading
is much faster (seems to be better cached now) compared to one of the
previous betas. This was another request of mine and seems to be
implemented. Creating tables is much snappier now for me, since I had a
lot of custom data types, domains, etc. and loading of these types for
each new column was slow before. Thanks for implementing this!

--
Andreas Neumann
http://www.carto.net/neumann/