PgAdmin 1.10 Beta 2 - can't create gist index against 8.4

From: "Obe, Regina" <robe(dot)dnd(at)cityofboston(dot)gov>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PgAdmin 1.10 Beta 2 - can't create gist index against 8.4
Date: 2009-05-14 11:39:28
Lists: pgadmin-support

I see that the new version of PgAdmin now automatically puts in for
CREATE INDEX a

the new NULLS FIRST / LAST clause for PostgreSQL 8.4.

Unfortunately when you try to use this for a gist index -- it generates
something like this

CREATE INDEX mytable_idx_the_geom
ON mytable USING gist (poi_geom ASC NULLS LAST);

Which generates an error from PostgreSQL like this.

access method "gist" does not support ASC/DESC options

There doesn't seem to be a way to turn this off except by explicitly
editing the SQL statement to remove the ASC clause. Can we have it not
enabled by default or if we must -- allow this to be unchecked.

Thanks,
Regina