Re: ssl tunneling in postgres 8.1

From: "Obe, Regina" <robe(dot)dnd(at)cityofboston(dot)gov>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ssl tunneling in postgres 8.1
Date: 2008-11-19 22:49:51
Lists: pgsql-novice
> Hmm, I don't know anything about putty.  But there's really only one
> connection involved ...

>			regards, tom lane

Yap agreed and as stated and as PK mentioned, You are very very right Tom.
Putty ends up being the same thing.  It just provides a gui for you is all but it ends up setting up an
SSH Tunnel syntax that looks like this

L8888   localhost:5432

So I never noticed my follie before because when you have 5432 5432 its symmetric so doesn't matter
L5432  localhost:5432

Damn I hate things that aren't symmetric.  I have a mental block when it comes to distinguishing my left from my right.
The pain of being ambidextrous brain-damaged. :).