Re: CASCADING update

From: "Obe, Regina" <robe(dot)dnd(at)cityofboston(dot)gov>
To: "A B" <gentosaker(at)gmail(dot)com>,<pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CASCADING update
Date: 2008-10-03 11:02:32
Lists: pgsql-novice
Be careful.  Since it appears you have delete cascade, when you delete
user 2, then all children in the other tables for 2 will be deleted as
well.

I tend to put in delete restrict to prevent accidentally deleting a lot
of important data.

As far as what you are trying to do, unfortunately I don't think there
is an easy way to do this without explicitly updating each table.

Would like to know if there is though.

Thanks,
Regina