Can't assign Group role permissions in 1.8.4

From: "Obe, Regina" <robe(dot)dnd(at)cityofboston(dot)gov>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Can't assign Group role permissions in 1.8.4
Date: 2008-06-11 11:31:16
Lists: pgadmin-support

I just upgraded to 1.8.4 (I think I was running 1.8.2) and have an even
older version running on the server (1.6.2).

Today I went to a view to give permissions to some Group Roles. The
only option I get now is public. I am running PostgreSQL 8.2. Before I
would see all the groups in the Priviledges tab of a view/table.

I checked my old install and I can still give priviledges to any of my
group roles.

Also is there a reason why we never allow login roles in there when you
can do it with standard alter table commands. I tend to think its bad
practice to do that anyway but on occasion for fairly small databases
with very few users, I have had the need and didn't want to bother
creating a group role to house these distinct users.

Thanks,
Regina