Re: Working on problem, thanks for driver help

From: "Obe, Regina" <robe(dot)dnd(at)cityofboston(dot)gov>
To: "Andrei Kovalevski" <andyk(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Fred Parkinson" <FredP(at)abag(dot)ca(dot)gov>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Working on problem, thanks for driver help
Date: 2008-02-21 12:55:41
Lists: pgsql-odbc

This is strange indeed. Could be an Access issue though. Which version
of MS Access are you using? Also I'm guessing something as bizarre as
this could happen if your parent-child relationships between your forms
changed and somehow the field you are pasting into or cutting text out
of is one of the parent-child fields.

What are your parent-child fields set to on your master/sub forms? How
this could happen without you actually changing the form is if your
postgresql table changed - e.g. you added a field in between another set
of fields. Since linked tables do not refresh without explicitly
refreshing them, your linked primary key field could very well be now
pointing at one of the parent child fields. I would try relinking your
postgresql tables to rule that out as an issue.

Hope that helps,
Regina