Error installing pgadmin II on Windows 98

From: "John Wells" <jb(at)sourceillustrated(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Error installing pgadmin II on Windows 98
Date: 2003-01-15 17:44:21
Lists: pgadmin-support
Hi guys.

Trying to get pgadmin installed on Windows 98, but getting an error.  This
is a fresh 98 install, but I did upgrade the DAC to the latest after
receiving this error to see if it did any good.  It didn't.

The error is:
Error installing ODBC driver: PostgreSQL, ODBC error 0: Verify that the
file PostgreSQL exists and that you can access it.

If I click ignore, this error displays twice for each odbc driver
installed.  Then the install completes.  Afterwards, if I start pgadmin
from the start menu, I get:

Runtime Error '430':
Class does not support Automation or does not support expected interface.

I even tried downloading the dlls themselves, copying over to
windows\system, and then loading the registry keys.

See my url below for screenshots and the msi log file (generated with
"msiexec /i C:\windows\desktop\PGADMIN2.msi /l* c:\pgadmin.log"):

http://www.sourceillustrated.com/pgadmin/index.html

Any help would be *greatly* appreciated.

Thanks!

John

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: Roman FailDate: 2003-01-15 18:58:31