Re: HashJoin w/option to unique-ify inner rel

From: Grzegorz Jaskiewicz <gj(at)pointblue(dot)com(dot)pl>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Greg Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Subject: Re: HashJoin w/option to unique-ify inner rel
Date: 2009-04-25 10:42:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 25 Apr 2009, at 04:52, Robert Haas wrote:

> blow the hash-join plan out of the water anyway... but Stephen Frost
> was telling me at JDcon East that he sometimes sets it to something
> like 8GB when he's the only user on his apparently-quite-awesome
> hardware...)
For the record, because most queries have 5-6 joins here, I always set
it up to 32MB on production. We don't have more than 100-150
connections, so it plays well on normal 32bit machine with 4GB.

If what you wrote about hash-join is confirmed by others, than I am
pretty much +100 for fixing it.

(just my penny).

thanks.