Re: Increasing pattern index query speed

From: "Andrus" <kobruleht2(at)hot(dot)ee>
To: "Richard Huxton" <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
Cc: <mweilguni(at)sime(dot)com>,<pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Increasing pattern index query speed
Date: 2008-11-26 20:20:52
Lists: pgsql-performance
Richard,

>> Results are provided in bottom of the message to which you replied.
>
> No - the explains there were contrasting a date test BETWEEN versus =.

I changed rid.toode statitics target to 100:

ALTER TABLE firma2.rid ALTER COLUMN toode SET STATISTICS 100;
analyze firma2.rid;

Analyze takes 3 seconds and testcase rans fast.
I'm planning to monitor results by looking log file for queries which take
longer than 10 seconds.

Do you still need results ?
If yes, which query and how many times should I run?

> Ah, I think I understand. The test case was *missing* this clause.

I added  this clause to testcase. Also added char(70) colums containing
padding characters to all three tables. Cannot still reproduce this issue
in testcase in fast devel 8.3 notebook.
In testcase order_products contains product_id values in a very regular
order, maybe this affects the results. No idea how to use random() to
generate random
products for every order.

Andrus.