Re: psql client segfault

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Thomas Linden <tom(at)daemon(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psql client segfault
Date: 2000-11-03 01:05:48
Lists: pgsql-bugs
A corefile is of no value to anyone running on a platform even slightly
different from your own.  Could you please compile psql with -g,
reproduce the problem, and then send in a gdb backtrace from that core?

Also, what exactly are you doing that provokes the coredump?

FWIW, I have a RedHat 5.1 box on which I sometimes test postgres,
so the mere fact that your system is old isn't the issue.