Re: Fix issuing of multiple command completions per command

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Fernando Nasser <fnasser(at)redhat(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fix issuing of multiple command completions per command
Date: 2002-02-27 19:11:25
Lists: pgsql-patches

Fernando Nasser <fnasser(at)redhat(dot)com> writes:
> It seems a small change though. I believe I can safely let
> pg_exec_query_string do all the EndCommand() calls. I would just
> have to add your suggested change to get the CommandInfo as well.
> Let me know if you want me to try that.

I have already committed changes to call EndCommand from
pg_exec_query_string, and am currently working on cleaning up
BeginCommand as well. By the end of the day, both BeginCommand and
EndCommand will be called once per received query (raw parse tree).

BeginCommand doesn't actually do anything in this formulation
(all its functions have been pushed into DestReceiver setup routines)
but it seems appropriate to have it for symmetry. Somebody might want
it someday.