Re: LDAP lookup of connection parameters

From: "Albe Laurenz" <all(at)adv(dot)magwien(dot)gv(dot)at>
To: "Albe Laurenz" <all(at)adv(dot)magwien(dot)gv(dot)at>
Cc: <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: LDAP lookup of connection parameters
Date: 2006-04-06 11:27:38
Lists: pgsql-patches
> This patch for libpq allows you to enter an LDAP URL in
pg_service.conf.
> The URL will be queried and the resulting string(s) parsed for
> keyword = value connection options.
>
> The idea is to have connection information stored centrally on an LDAP
> server rather than on the client machine.

I forgot to mention that there was a discussion on Hackers about this:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-02/msg01182.php

I have implemented a solution following the idea of
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-02/msg01198.php
because I thought that it was better to have something existing to
talk about.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

pgsql-patches by date