TOMORROW: 9/19/06 - Performance

From: Selena Deckelmann <selena(at)chrisking(dot)com>
To: pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: TOMORROW: 9/19/06 - Performance
Date: 2006-09-18 21:37:12
Lists: pdxpug
Hello!

Topic: 	Performance
When: 	9/19/06, 7pm
Where: 	FreeGeek, 1731 SE 10th Ave

Last night, Gabrielle, David & I talked about an "EXPLAIN for dummies"
talk.  I don't think that I'm quite ready to do that.  So, instead, how
about we talk about performance?

Gabrielle & I will present a few items from Chapter 4 of the Douglas'
PostgreSQL book.  These are oriented toward solving problems inside of
a database.

I have a real-world example of a performance problem that I used a
combination of EXPLAIN and the pg_stat/pg_statio tables to diagnose.
I'll run through that example - complete with pl/pgSQL functions and
maybe a little perl.  Gab & I will also put together some other
interesting examples to run through.

We'll have a laptop/projector combo that works this time!

-selena

pdxpug by date