Re: The Data Base System is in recovery mode

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Palle Girgensohn <girgen(at)partitur(dot)se>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: The Data Base System is in recovery mode
Date: 2000-10-18 16:51:58
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Palle Girgensohn <girgen(at)partitur(dot)se> writes:
> Oh, gee. sorry! I slipped with the mouse when cut'n'pasting. The first
> statement should be a create view. The view is dropped and created
> "on-the-fly" with different where-clauses every time, depending on the
> user's search arguments. As I might have said before, I am not the
> programmer... I think I would have the view created once, and done
> "select from view where..." Maybe that would help, but there is still
> a bug in postgres, I guess?

I agree, that is a bizarre way to do things, not least because it
wouldn't work for multiple concurrent clients (unless the view name is
client-specific?).  But I don't see why it would provoke a crash.
Curiouser and curiouser.

The indexes are good to know about, but AFAICT they won't be used for
these particular queries.  So I'm still unable to duplicate the problem.
Looking forward to that backtrace...