Re: Fwd: pgsql - ODBC Config.html document

From: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
To: Richard Broersma <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fwd: pgsql - ODBC Config.html document
Date: 2013-10-03 07:13:12
Lists: pgsql-odbc
On 03.10.2013 07:45, Richard Broersma wrote:
> I noticed that some of the ODBC documentation was in pretty poor shape from
> an HTML structure perspective.
>
> Since I'm teaching myself HTML and CSS, I thought I'd use what I learned to
> freshen the config.html document.
>
> While I'm still very much a beginner at HTML, I think you'll agree that
> I've improved its structure a bit.
>
> The commiters are welcome to incorporate these files to the repository, if
> they'd would like.

Thanks Richard! Looks good - that page definitely needs a make-over.

I've been thinking for some time that that page should be rewritten
using something like Jekyll, which is what the JDBC people just adopted.
That would make it easier to maintain the docs using a plain text
editor, and generate a HTML version that would match the style of the
web site.

The content of that page could do with a rewrite, too. It explains in
great detail some options that are completely obsolete by now (kqso),
while other options are missing altogether. But that's a different story...

- Heikki