Viewing linked large postgres tables with Access: Running out of memory

From: iant(at)the-wire(dot)com (moonman)
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot)pgsql-novice"(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Viewing linked large postgres tables with Access: Running out of memory
Date: 2003-10-28 19:13:56
Lists: pgsql-generalpgsql-novice
Hello all,

First, let me explain hat I'm an absolute database novice. The reason
I've made so much progress sofar with postgresql is that it is an
amazing software suite with exceptional documentation. So if I'm
asking an idiotic question, I apologize... but atleast tell me what
the obvious is.

I just downloaded the psqlodbc_07_03_0200.zip windows odbc drivers for
postgresql.

I can link to my postgresql server and generally do queries no
problem.

My problem is that my users have the annoying habit of clicking on the
linked table icon to view some of the data.

When they do this, the memory used by MS Access grows until there is
no memory left.

Short of ridiculing the users into proper behaviour, is there some way
to configure the ODBC driver to only show 'x'-number of records at a
time (similar to the Oracle ODBC driver we currently have on other
databases)?

Thanks in advance

moonman

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Williams, Quinton LDate: 2003-10-28 21:29:21