security documentation

From: jeff sacksteder <jsacksteder(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: security documentation
Date: 2005-09-29 19:46:35
Lists: pgsql-general

The security documentation available in the official documentation is rather
sparse. Is there a more detailed document I should be aware of?

As an example, I'd like to prevent a a user from being able to get a list of
existing databases. Presumably, I can limit access to various system
catalogs to prevent this sort of thing, but if existing documentation exists
it might prevent me from shooting myself in the foot too badly.