[9.4 CF 1] Commit Fest has started

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: [9.4 CF 1] Commit Fest has started
Date: 2013-06-16 18:13:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

CommitFest 1 for the 9.4 development cycle (CF 2013-06) has begun.

To kick off 9.4 with a big rush, we have a total of 98 patches, 80 of
which are currently "needs review". That means we need lots of
reviewers! Fortunately, many of you have put your names down as
reviewers next to about half the patches, so it's time for you to get
started.

Per the developer's meeting this year[1], we are going to be trying
something different to speed up the commitfests:

* if a patch has been "waiting on author" for more than 5 days, it will
be automatically "Returned with Feedback".

* if a reviewer puts their name down, and doesn't review the patch
within 5 days, their name (with a reminder) gets taken off the patch
right away.

For patches which are assigned at the beginning of the CF, that 5 days
begins *now*. I'll be sending out reminders as much as possible, given
the limitations of the system.

As a reminder, if you submitted a patch, you are expected to help by
reviewing *at least* one other patch. If you don't help by reviewing,
your patch may get less attention. This is not a new rule, but is worthy
of reminder.

Some additional notes where we need help with this commitfest:

* only one reviewer has volunteered on Round Robin Reviewers (Stephen
Frost). We could use a few more reviewers willing to be assigned random
patches.

* I could use an Assistant CFM, still. I have a LOT of email to send out.

* I'd like a committer to take responsibility for the large set of
Regression Test additions in this CF.

* I'd like a committer to take responsibility for Logical Changeset
Generation *now* so that it doesn't wait until the last week of the
commitfest.

Thanks, all, and Review, Review, Review!

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.