Re: GSoC project: K-medoids clustering in Madlib

From: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
To: Atri Sharma <atri(dot)jiit(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Maxence AHLOUCHE <maxence(dot)ahlouche(at)gmail(dot)com>, Akansha Singh <akansha(dot)singh(at)oracle(dot)com>, "Philip, Sujit" <Sujit(dot)Philip(at)emc(dot)com>, "devel(at)madlib(dot)net" <devel(at)madlib(dot)net>, "Iyer, Rahul" <Rahul(dot)Iyer(at)emc(dot)com>, "pgsql-students(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-students(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: GSoC project: K-medoids clustering in Madlib
Date: 2013-05-14 07:06:07
Lists: pgsql-students

On 14.05.2013 09:42, Atri Sharma wrote:
> Maxence, we need a member of the MADLib community to be the mentor. I
> would suggest you to contact them for the same.

Well, Philip Sujit and Rahul Iyer are CC'd on this thread. Looking at
the mailing list archives and commit history, I believe they are the two
most active people working on Madlib. I would expect Philip or Rahul to
mentor, or for them to point at someone else who knows the code and the
community well enough to mentor.

Philip, Rahul, is either one of you interested in mentoring any of the
proposed GSoC projects, under the PostgreSQL umbrella? If you are, we
need to get you signed up in the next couple of days, so that you can
take part in reviewing and ranking the proposals.

- Heikki