RE: 64 bit integers

From: Christian Bucanac <christian(dot)bucanac(at)mindark(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: 64 bit integers
Date: 2001-04-18 09:51:03
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi!

I posted earlier a question about int8 and ODBC, see below. I got the answer
that int8 works with ODBC driver version 07.01.0001 and later. The problem
is that I can not make it work. I use postgres version 6.4 with ODBC driver
version 07.01.00.04. Everyting works fine, but not with int8. When I try to
bind an int8 with:

SQLHSTMT lStatementHandle;
SQLINTEGER lMetadata;
SQLBIGINT lInt64;
SQLBindCol(lStatementHandle, 1, SQL_C_SBIGINT, &lInt64, sizeof(lInt64),
&lMetadata);

SQLBindCol returns SQL_ERROR and when I run SQLGetDiagRec on the statement
handle I get the following information:
SQLState: S1003 (meaning Invalid application buffer type)
NativeErrorPointer: 0
MessageText: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver does not support this
parameter

Do you know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Sincerely,