Re: Documentation in book length

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Documentation in book length
Date: 2003-01-02 23:32:07
Lists: pgsql-docs

> Making the docs into one book should also allow better hyperlink
> cross-referencing. That will be a welcome improvement.

Yes --- eliminating our silly "it's somewhere in that part"
cross-references is quite sufficient reason in my mind to abandon the
option of building the docs in sections. If we have to build the whole
book every time, so be it.

BTW, the Red Hat RHDB group has spent a fair amount of time rethinking
the overall organization of the docs and trying to organize 'em in a
more logical order. They'd like to contribute that work back so they
don't have to maintain a variant version of the docs. Is this a good
time to think about looking over what they've done?