Re: pg_dump --pretty-print-views

From: Marko Tiikkaja <pgmail(at)joh(dot)to>
To: Jeevan Chalke <jeevan(dot)chalke(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_dump --pretty-print-views
Date: 2013-01-28 11:31:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 1/28/13 12:14 PM, Jeevan Chalke wrote:
> I could not apply the patch with git apply, but able to apply it by patch
> -p1 command.

IME that's normal for patches that went through filterdiff. I do: git
diff |filterdiff --format=context to re-format the patches to the
context diff preferred on the mailing list. Maybe if I somehow told git
to produce context diff it would work..

> However, will you please justify the changes done in "xml.out" ? I guess
> they are not needed.
> You might need to configure your sources with libxml.

If you look very carefully, the pretty-printing version adds one space
at the very beginning of the output. :-)

> Also, I am not sure about putting "WRAP_COLUMN_DEFAULT" by default. I will
> keep that in code committors plate. Rest of the code changes looks good to
> me.

Thanks for reviewing!

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja