Re: AIX buildfarm member

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: AIX buildfarm member
Date: 2013-01-11 23:16:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On 1/11/2013 6:56 AM, Steve Singer wrote:
> If someone else in the community is running PostgreSQL on AIX then it
> would be good if they setup a buildfarm member, perhaps with a more
> recent version of AIX.

I am and I'd love to, however, sigh, its deep behind corporate firewalls
and any attempt at doing something like that would land me in all kinda
hurt.     I run AIX 6.1 and 7 LPAR's (IBM's equivalent of a VM) on our
AIX dev box, which is a 2 core Power 6.   Another complexity is that the
licensing for XL C is per 'seat' (named user).

I'm really surprised IBM doesn't have some program to support a worthy
project like this.