Re: json api WIP patch

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: json api WIP patch
Date: 2013-01-02 22:51:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On 01/02/2013 04:45 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 3:33 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> wrote:
>> Here is a patch for the first part of the JSON API that was recently
>> discussed. It includes the json  parser hook infrastructure and functions
>> for json_get and friends, plus json_keys.
>>
>> As is, this exposes the json lexer fully for use by the hook functions. But
>> I could easily be persuaded that this should be an opaque structure with
>> some constructor and getter functions - I don't think the hook functions
>> need or should be able to set anything in the lexer.
>>
>> Work is proceeding on some of the more advanced functionality discussed.
> This seems to contain a large number of spurious whitespace changes.

I'm glad you're looking at it :-)

I did do a run of pgindent on the changed files before I cut the patch,
which might have made some of those changes.

I notice a couple of other infelicities too, which are undoubtedly my fault.

The original prototype of this was cut against some older code, and I
then tried to merge it with the current code base, and make sure that
all the regression tests passed. That might well have resulted in a
number of things that need review.

> And maybe some other spurious changes.  For example, I'm not sure why
> this comment is truncated:

Another good question.

I'll make another pass over this and try to remove some of what's
annoying you.

cheers

andrew