Re: Patch for TNS services

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: mweilguni(at)sime(dot)com
Cc: Postgres Hacker Lister <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch for TNS services
Date: 2000-08-31 05:14:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Mario Weilguni <mweilguni(at)sime(dot)com> writes:
> Last week I created a patch for the Postgres client side libraries to allow
> something like a (not so mighty) form of Oracle TNS, but nobody showed any
> interest. Currently, the patch is not perfect yet, but works fine for us. I
> want to avoid improving the patch if there is no interest in it, so if you
> think it might be a worthy improvement please drop me a line.

FWIW, it seemed like a moderately reasonable idea to me. But it
troubles me that you didn't get positive responses; as you say, no
point in maintaining the feature unless people will use it.

Perhaps you should bring it up on pgsql-interfaces, which seems like
the most likely place to discuss such a feature.