PUG Listing?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PUG Listing?
Date: 2012-10-10 18:21:21
Lists: pgsql-www

WWW,

Since pugs.postgresql.org is long gone, I'd like to have a page on
www.postgresql.org which just lists the user groups like this:

region
country
area
PUG
web page
mailing list

e.g.:
Americas
USA
San Francisco
SFPUG
http://www.meetup.com/postgresql-1/
http://archives.postgresql.org/sfpug/

This seems like a good job for a basic Django app, editable through
Admin. There's low churn on the data, so it shouldn't be much trouble
to maintain. If people approve of
this idea, I'll start tinkering with it on a fork.

It would also be a reasonable thing for the wiki, EXCEPT that our wiki
pages have a Google search rank of approximately zero, so putting
anything like this on the wiki is a guarantee that nobody looking for it
will find it.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.