Re: ResultSet metadata for a prepared statement missing the applicable table, schema etc properties

From: Craig Ringer <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>
To: the6campbells <the6campbells(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ResultSet metadata for a prepared statement missing the applicable table, schema etc properties
Date: 2012-10-02 14:26:57
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On 09/24/2012 11:30 PM, the6campbells wrote:
> If you create a PreparedStatement such as select c1 from t1 and
> subsequently request the ResultSetMetadata for that statement you will
> observe that the driver is not providing any values for getTableName,
> getSchemaName etc.
>
> Is this a known bug?

Any chance of fleshing this one out with a test case / sources? Again I
can write one, but the best thing to do is submit some new (failing)
unit tests for PgJDBC that demonstrate the problem, or at least a
runnable standalone test case. Everyone working on the JDBC driver is a
badly swamped volunteer (including myself, not that I've done much on
the driver yet) so any time saved on testcase writing etc is time that
can be spent on compliance/bugs.

--
Craig Ringer