Re: Patch for collation using ICU

From: "John Hansen" <john(at)geeknet(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Palle Girgensohn" <girgen(at)pingpong(dot)net>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Patch for collation using ICU
Date: 2005-03-26 03:18:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Still doesn't work for me :(
UNICODE DB
C locale

set client_encoding = iso88591;
select upper('æ');
upper
-------

(1 row)

Trying to initdb with en_IN.utf8

/usr/lib/postgresql/bin/initdb -D /var/lib/postgres/data/ -E UNICODE --locale=en_IN.utf8
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "postgres".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale en_IN.utf8.

fixing permissions on existing directory /var/lib/postgres/data ... ok
creating directory /var/lib/postgres/data/global ... ok
creating directory /var/lib/postgres/data/pg_xlog ... ok
creating directory /var/lib/postgres/data/pg_xlog/archive_status ... ok
creating directory /var/lib/postgres/data/pg_clog ... ok
creating directory /var/lib/postgres/data/pg_subtrans ... ok
creating directory /var/lib/postgres/data/base ... ok
creating directory /var/lib/postgres/data/base/1 ... ok
creating directory /var/lib/postgres/data/pg_tblspc ... ok
selecting default max_connections ... 100
selecting default shared_buffers ... 1000
creating configuration files ... ok
creating template1 database in /var/lib/postgres/data/base/1 ... ok
initializing pg_shadow ... ok
enabling unlimited row size for system tables ... ok
initializing pg_depend ... ok
creating system views ... ok
creating conversions ... ok
setting privileges on built-in objects ... ok
creating information schema ... child process exited with exit code 139
initdb: removing contents of data directory "/var/lib/postgres/data"

... John