Re: Patch for collation using ICU

From: "John Hansen" <john(at)geeknet(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Palle Girgensohn" <girgen(at)pingpong(dot)net>,<pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch for collation using ICU
Date: 2005-03-25 11:26:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> --On fredag, mars 25, 2005 16.34.41 +1100 John Hansen
> <john(at)geeknet(dot)com(dot)au>
> wrote:
>
> > Useful if it's going to support earlier releases of ICU....
> >
> > Not all os's come with ICU3.2, debian for example,
> currently has 2.1
> > in testing, and 2.6 in unstable.
>
> Oh, OK. FreeBSD has only the 3.2 as port. I can check the
> older version, I doubt it would too much difference. Some
> autoconf sorcery needed, perhaps.

Naww, it's no biggie, we'll just need to include ICU with pg I think.
I tried that, there are several functions from ICU that you use, that
are not in ICU2.1

Dono about 2.6.

However, ICU3.2 compiles on debian with a small change to the
debian/rules file.
debian/tmp/etc is missing, so add mkdir debian/tmp/etc

... John

> /Palle
>

> > ... John

pgsql-hackers by date

Next:From: John HansenDate: 2005-03-25 12:39:33
Previous:From: Palle GirgensohnDate: 2005-03-25 11:06:40