Re: Range Type Support

From: Federico Di Gregorio <fog(at)initd(dot)org>
To: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Range Type Support
Date: 2012-09-18 17:16:45
Lists: psycopg
On 18/09/2012 18:57, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> I am using range types in an application I am writing and am planning
> on writing some mapping to have support with built-in Python ranges,
> and some simple extensions for dealing with date ranges.  I am going
> to write this on my own regardless, but is anyone working on this for
> psycopg2?  If not, I would be willing to contribute the code I am
> working on.
>
> I was planning on writing the adapter in Python as I am unfamiliar
> with writing C code for Python.  Are there any thoughts where such an
> adapter would be placed, e.g. in lib.extras

It would be nice to place it in lib.extras or even in lib.extensions. I
don't have the time to write that myself but I can surely help you by
checking your code and applying your patches.

federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio                         federico(dot)digregorio(at)dndg(dot)it
Studio Associato Di Nunzio e Di Gregorio                  http://dndg.it