Re: BUG #7526: An error occured executing the Microsoft VC++ runtime installer

From: Craig Ringer <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>
To: s3n_dan(at)yahoo(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #7526: An error occured executing the Microsoft VC++ runtime installer
Date: 2012-09-17 03:58:49
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On 09/09/2012 06:38 PM, s3n_dan(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

> Bug reference: 7526
> Logged by: Dan
> Email address: s3n_dan(at)yahoo(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.4.7
> Operating system: Windows Vista Home Premium
>
> Please help me with this error, i tried everything i found for this issue
> but didn't work for me ,

See:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Running_%26_Installing_PostgreSQL_On_Native_Windows#Common_installation_errors

The error you're getting suggests that your VBScript runtime is
misregistered.

> If i try to install the latest version 9.1.5 i will get another error :
> unable to write inside TEMP environment variable path

Can you post the installation log for that one too?

Sounds like your system setup is a bit wonky. Do you have antivirus
software running? If so, disable or uninstall it then try again. Again, see

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Running_%26_Installing_PostgreSQL_On_Native_Windows#Common_installation_errors

and http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Troubleshooting_Installation

--
Craig Ringer