Re: pg_restore problem "Found unexpected Block id"

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "ramana(dot)pls" <ramana(dot)pls(at)gmail(dot)com>,<pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_restore problem "Found unexpected Block id"
Date: 2012-09-12 14:25:55
Lists: pgsql-admin

"ramana.pls" <ramana(dot)pls(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I am getting an error while restoring the Database Backup. I am
> postgre sql 8.0 with Windows XP O.S.

PostgreSQL version 8.0 has been out of support overall for years,
and out of support for Windows for years before that.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-announce/2008-01/msg00005.php

http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/

Once you get past the immediate problems, it is extremely important
that you update to a supported version and stay up-to-date with
minor (bug-fix) releases.

Regarding the immediate problem, your report could use a lot more
detail. What steps have you taken to get to where you are now?
Exactly what version of PostgreSQL is this (8.0.what?)?

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

Without knowing more, it's hard to give much advice.

-Kevin