Re: Establishing remote connections is slow

From: "Lukas" <lukas(at)fmf(dot)vgtu(dot)lt>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Establishing remote connections is slow
Date: 2012-01-17 16:26:09
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi,

 if you try to connect with pssql over your IP and it works slow, it is
possible that you have problem with reverse dns lookup. To check, try to
run nslookup tool, and enter your IP address (on the same machine) - if
it is problem with dns, it will resolve it slow as well..
 Also, try to check traceroute/trapath utilities with the same IP maybe it
will show you something strange..

Lukas