PostgreSQL Europe Partners

From: Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)it>
To: pgeu-general <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL Europe Partners
Date: 2012-08-27 14:11:08
Lists: pgeu-general
Hi there,

   while renewing my membership to the association, I visited the
website and noticed in the "Sponsors" page that currently two companies
are considered partners (http://www.postgresql.eu/sponsors/).

   I want to clarify that I do not want to discuss the legitimity of
those two partners (I do agree that they have contributed), I rather
want to focus on the process that's been followed, purely for
transaparency reasons.

   I would encourage the board/management to add more information on the
website about the process for becoming a "Partner" of the association,
given that it is not described in the "Statute". For example: sponsoring
two/three Postgres conferences in a row, contributing X man-hours a
year, voting in a board meeting, etc.

   I believe a small paragraph or a page describing the process would be
enough.

   Thank you.

Cheers,
Gabriele