Re: send/receive buffer size

From: Craig Ringer <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>
To: Shijun Kong <skong(at)investoranalytics(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: send/receive buffer size
Date: 2012-08-25 15:26:15
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On 08/25/2012 04:45 AM, Shijun Kong wrote:
> Is it possible to establish a better issue tracking system than this
> static http://jdbc.postgresql.org/todo.html or mailing list?

+1

The -BUGS list works ok for the main project because there are enough
people with the time and expertise to promptly act on issues. Even then
things slip through the cracks quite a bit. It seems it hasn't been
working great for PgJDBC.

> Since the project is hosted on github now. Why not leverage it's
> build-in features? https://github.com/features/projects/issues

Also very much +1 from me, if Dave's OK adding more people to the PgJDBC
org membership list.

GitHub provides facilities canned and ready to use, including a simple
issue tracker, wiki, and patch tracking system. At least for the purpose
of catching up on the backlog and finding missed patches it seems wise
to use it. Since Pg proper doesn't use a tracker, and one appears to be
necessary at least for catch-up, I'd suggest using that one.

Re catch-up:

The first thing to do will be find all messages with patch attachments.
For that it'd be quite handy to have a dump of the last year or two's
archives. I can manually download the mbox files, but ... since the list
manager supports full text search, surely it's in a database too?

How're the chances of getting a DB dump of the PgJDBC list for the last
couple of years? I'll ask on pgsql-web .

--
Craig Ringer